Monday, October 10

Sew your own camera strap slipcover!

When I first heard about camera strap slipcovers I thought "How boring, just a pillowcase that goes over your camera strap?"  I also thought that the end result would look homeade and not artsy and cute.  However, I was very VERY wrong.

The possibilities of slipcovers you could make are endless.  There are some adorable ones for purchase on Etsy, so if you don't know how to sew or you don't feel like taking the time, check them out!  I didn't really want to spend the money on a slipcover, though.  So making my own was perfect because I coule make everything just the way I like it! :)

So if you are interested in sewing your own slipcover, check out this tutorial on how to make a ruffle camera strap slipcover: http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/crafts-projects/make-a-ruffled-camera-strap-slipcover.html.  You can always do something different then ruffles (fabric flowers or ribbons would make a cute decoration). 

The whole project didn't take too long, and it was totally worth it.  The only thing I changed from the tutorial was I made my ruffles a little wider so you can't see as much of the underneath fabric.  If you end up making one I would love to see pictures! :)

Next on my list of "camera projects" is to make a camera purse.  Here are a few pictures of how my camera strap turned out:

My three fabrics:


And the finished product:




And the strap in use! :)

4 comments:

www.kevinandamanda.com said...

Gorgeous!! Love the fabrics you chose! :)

Kristin said...

Thank you, I'm so pleased that you checked out my blog! Also, thank you for the awesome tutorial! :)

lea said...

that is soo sweet! my fav color too!

Kristin said...

Thanks! I know, I love green with just about anything. :D